Introduction: What is Inboxing and How Can it Help?
Reaching the email inbox is the process of combining a company’s digital and physical presence to create a unified experience for customers.
Inboxing can be done in many different ways, from creating a seamless customer experience by merging online and offline marketing efforts to making the physical business location more appealing to potential customers.
Some of the benefits of inboxing are that it improves customer retention, increases foot traffic, and helps with brand awareness.
Imagine if all your sent emails land in the spam box instead of the inbox, that sounds horrible right? Together, we will try to give the best tools, tactics, and best practices in order to reach high even very high inbox rates.
How to Get People Engaged in Your Emails
Email marketing is one of the most powerful ways to reach your customers and prospects, the is no doubt. But before you can send a single email, you need to get people to opt-in.
In this article, we’re going to cover how you can optimize your email opt-in form for better conversion rates.
The first thing you should do is to make sure that your form is easy to find on the page and stands out from other content. If it’s not easy for visitors to see, they won’t know that it’s there or what it does. You should also avoid placing it in a scrollable area or behind other content so that visitors can’t access it without scrolling.
How to Increase Your B2B Success Rate With The Right Marketing Tools
In the B2B world, it is important to use the right marketing tools. These tools will help you improve your lead generation and conversion rates.
There are many B2B marketing tools on the market, but not all of them are worth your time and money. It is important to choose the right ones that will have a positive impact on your business.
1) Salesforce Marketing Cloud: This tool has a large number of features that can help you grow your business in many ways. For example, it helps you with email automation, social media marketing, website design, and analytics.
2) HubSpot: This is another great B2B marketing tool that can help you increase your sales leads by up to 459%. It also has a CRM system that helps you track leads
In the b2b world, it’s important to use the right marketing tools. These tools will help you improve your lead generation and conversion rates
What are the Best Practices in Email Marketing?
Email marketing is an essential part of any online business. It is one of the most cost-effective, low-hassle ways to reach your customers and prospects.
A good email marketing strategy can help you to generate more leads, convert more sales, and grow your customer base. And if you want to build a successful email marketing campaign, it’s important to follow a few best practices:
- Use high-quality content in your emails
- Send targeted emails based on customer actions
- Include links in your email messages that lead back to your website
If you are new to email marketing, or if it’s your first campaign
Do not send with your personal or free email inbox like Gmail, AOL, Yahoo, etc. These email providers allow only a limited sending per day, which is generally from 1 to 200 per day, rarely it can reach 500 emails per day.
In order to reach the inbox, sending has to be ALWAYS with your professional email or, preferably, email marketing platform: Google Workspace, Outlook Xchange, SMTP, Microsoft 365, Zoho, Sendgrid, Amazon SES, Mailgun, iCloud +, SendinBlue, Roundcube, Elastic Email, etc.
If you are an intermediary or advanced
Sending, segmentation, and sending frequency (for both B2B and B2C)
After your first sending, you can segment your mailing list according to different indicators, the main ones are:
people who were attracted or curious by your headline but not enough by your content or message. These can be solicited once in 10-15 days
people who have shown interest in your content or product and already checked your website, page, or landing page. These can be solicited once in 1 week
Those who did not open your e-mail or simply because your email landed in the spam folder or promotions. You can either send them a reminder e-mail containing a “warning” subject like this one: We will remove you from our mailing list soon [can we stay friends?]
We’ve noticed that you don’t read our emails much, so we’ll be removing you from our mailing list soon.
Unless you opened this email in which case, woohoo, we’re still friends! We’ll try to send you more fun and interesting emails, and more promotions.
If you want to unsubscribe, just click here.
a. For cold mailing
- 1-to-1 prospection
- Generally for B2B
- B2B lead generation
- Generally, it is for the business environment
Make sure that you have always an email signature to show who you are, not necessarily who you really are, one persona is enough:
- Profile picture (not necessarily yours)
- Company name
- Company Email
- Company website
- Physical address
Unknown emails are like ghosts, nobody will read them.
b. For mass mailing
When it comes to bulk emailing, we talk more about:
- General updates
- B2C lead generation
- Discounts and new offers (promotions, coupon codes, Black Friday, etc.)
Furthermore, make sure that you have always a footer with a company name (or website) with full details:
- A Website URL
- A complete physical address (not necessarily a real address)
- A healthy HTML template without spammy words
- An unsubscribe link
Spammy words glossary: (smtpedia.com/spammy-words-list)
Always use an unsubscription link at the bottom of your template or message, here is a list of the tags (by platform), just copy and paste the tag on the bottom of your HTML code: SendGrid, SendPulse, UniSender, Mailwizz, Mautic, OneSignal, MailerLite, MailChimp, SendinBlue, Sendy, etc.
To keep your list in a good health, you have to delete the unsubscribers from your list, if this option is not automatic.
If you are on Shopify: Omnisend
If you are on WordPress: Mailpoet
If you are on another CMS: you can create your own mailing system
Landing page (if you are doing lead generation):
A landing page is crucial if your main goal is to generate leads. Unless you charged a developer to make a website connected to a CRM (where you receive the leads), you can make one on your own on :
WordPress (with wp forms)
1. Send emails in bulk with a common script, sequence, or template with your professional email. This is recommended if you have a homogeneous environment (a common product you prospect for, the same industry for all the targets, etc.)
2. Send by batches, if you have more than 2 products to commercialize or more than 2 targets. You can always target by segments (company revenues, category, company size, etc)
3. Individual, if you prefer to contact each prospect with a custom message
You can also make cold-calling campaigns too, with phone numbers.
- Send emails in bulk with a common script, sequence, or template with your professional email.
- Send by batches, if you have more than 2 products to commercialize or more than 2 targets.
- Individual, if you prefer to contact each prospect with a custom message
- You can also make cold-calling campaigns too, with phone numbers.
1. If you opted for cold mailing
It is recommended to use these leads in batches of 200 to 500 e.mails per day (or per server).
2. If you opted for a mass mailing solution
- make sure the HTML template is optimized: not too many colors, not too many photos, white background
- choose a topic (title) that doesn’t talk about m.oney, such as: Calling a briefing, date and time of your webinar, the day I decided to change everything …, etc.
- a signature (for cold mailing) or a footer (for mass mailing): always a signature to show who you are (not necessarily who you really are, one persona is enough, and preferably a girl. This also applies to the footer: complete physical address (not necessarily a real address, you can bluff).
- unsubscribe link and unsubscribe tag: in all types of mailings, the unsubscribe link is STRICTLY REQUIRED. What is it used for? simply to avoid complaints. You can check the list of the UNSUBSCRIBE TAGS here, according to which platform you use
3. The landing page
Prepare well your landing page (Typeform, HubSpot) if you have one, and well connected to a CRM.
4. Check your sending domain reputation
Check if your sending domain is not blacklisted as well, it’s very important for deliverability. The most know tool for that is MxToolBox.
5. Contact and Inquiries
If you have any technical questions or requests for advice, don’t hesitate, to write to: email@example.com